Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:16:34 -0800
Yes folks I'm talking about snow.  Not a few inches of pretty white
stuff.  Not even several inches of pretty white stuff that'll get you a
legitimate day off work.  I'm talking about mounds of snow 3 feet high.
The thing I love most about winter has quickly turned from beautiful snow
to what is now known around here as the S word.  No problem we think
initially.  We'll just shovel a few times a day to "keep on top of it".
After two shovelings and my neighbor's drive by with the snowblower, it
became apparent that the S word had different plans as IT was going
to be on top of US!  The S word quickly filled our walkways steps and
porches....again.  What was once my car parked in the driveway has
transformed into a Honda igloo.  We gave up.  The only way my poor dog
would be able to maintain outdoor potty habits would be with 20 feet of
fishing line and an ocean rod.  Mom reported this morning that she could
hear but could not see their dog.  This started saturday morning.  Monday
the S word has finally let up.  Unlike Alexandra's agile hubby Dan, we do
not have the luxury of skis and I would thank you very kindly to avoid
bringing up the S word again Alexandra.... until we dig out.  If we start
now, that should be somewhere around.... MAY!  And to think you travelled
out of state to see the S word.  Absolutely abominable.

A sniffling, shoveling Kim at SUMS in Anchorage, Maryland

Fuzzy Hugs from Kim and da kids at Somethin Up My Sleeve Rescue
Ask me how you can virtually eliminate the need for veterinary dental
visits.