Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2013 12:37:29 -0700
We believe one of our ferrets Piccolo has a ruptured duct (I think
Lymph duct). This is causing something called a Kyloseffusion (I'm sure
its spelled wrong). It causes his abomen to fill with fluid. So he has
a fairly firm and very big belly. We adopted him this way and he's had
it for a long time. At first we thought it was Lymphoma but test show
it wasn't. At the time of the tests a little over a month ago they drew
off 160 cc of fluid. A few weeks later the fluid is back. Our vet says
he could do an exploratory but he doesn't think he would be able to fix
the problem. Piccolo is 6 years old and has adrenal disease. Prostate
and other organs appear to be fine and we had a deslorin implant put in.

My question is has anyone else had a ferret with this kind of
condition. Piccolo moves around well, trots, and bounces when he runs
(at time). He appears happy and in no distress. He does seem to rest
quite a bit and I'm not sure if its due to the belly, age, or maybe
insulinoma (which we forgot to check for but will soon).

Thank you

Mike