From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 1997 13:36:48 +0800
After reading the special edition of the FML about Kodo, I had an instant
throbbing in my right temple.  It was from rage about William Hall's
affidavit concerning Kodo.

The rage was for the perceived ignorance of a professional man, for the
apparent lack of justice and the meanness of spirit that the authorities
have shown, as well as for the feeling of total frustration on my part for
not being able to do more to help.

I salute Carrowor and Kitty for being so strong during these times.  I know
if it were one of my ferrets held with the threat of euthanasia hanging over
its head, I would have long gone to pieces.  In fact, I think I would have
been jailed for assault and battery.

The support for Kodo is just wonderful but we must tread carefully.  If by
bombarding the relevant people in the government and media we just cause
them to become irritated and angry with us, we might find our efforts prove
to be counterproductive.

Our common goal is to reunite Kodo with his owners.

Would it be best for Carrowor to consult his lawyer to find out the best way
to show support for Kodo.  If he tells us to put a lid on it, perhaps we
should listen?

I only bring up this point because, having written to all the media contacts
Beth listed in the special FML, I have had a few replies which were polite
and chatty.  However, I have also had several which were downright rude and
that made me sit up and think about what we are trying to achieve and if we
are going the right way about it.

This whole Kodo mess stinks and I am so frightened that the authorities will
just decide to euthanize the poor ferret and wash their hands of the whole
thing.  Please, let's make sure that they don't do it because they were
furious with our "meddling".

I don't have an alternative solution.  Wish I did!

X-Fert