From:
"Larry C. Lyons" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 11:11:34 -0500
>From:    Amy  Sodus <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Trouble with work and ferrets
>
>I'm a bit behind here.  As much as I love all eight of my boys, I learned
>the hard way not to mention anything about them at work.  I've gotten so
>much nasty things, and too many (I won't change my mind no matter what)
>questions where the answer doesn't matter.  If I mention to somebody...
>(very carefully) I don't say how many.  It makes me sad, but my policy
>is I'm at work to work, not to make friends and family.  I have that at
>home, where I can talk about them and show how much I love them.  For me
>it's much easier and less stress, ...

I guess I'm rather spoiled.  Just after starting my current job almost 4
years ago, Ryoga, our oldest guy, went in for adrenal surgery.  My boss
had no problem with my bringing him in, in fact after she met him, she
decided to completely spoil him.  I guess it sort of helped that she
brings in her dogs every day to work as well.  Anyhow since both Ryoga,
and later Augustus developed insulinoma, I've been bringing in both of
them every day to work, so I can ensure that they are doing OK and are
eating when they need to.  So far its worked out so well, that I'm
bringing in all four of our ferrets.  My coworkers don't mind them in the
office - I have a relatively large cage for them, and the - my coworkers
that is, have actively taken them.  Even our clients like them.  When
Ryoga went in for his second adrenal surgery, he actually got a some get
well cards from our clients.

regards,
larry

--

Larry C. Lyons

Life is Complex. It has both real and imaginary parts.
Chaos, Panic and Disorder. My work here is done.