From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 21:51:02 EST
Since there is a serious need for some giggles,I have written a few more
translations from the ferret latin.Taking care of a sick fuzzy can be
serious,but there is a funny side.Here is that side.

Ferretus you just thought I was Sickus - That's the talented ferret that
can make you believe they're just so sick,only to run around the exam room
at 90 miles per hour.

Ferretus Spitus - The little dear that takes that medicine you just put in,
and puts it right back out again.

Ferretus Spitus All Overus - Closely related to Ferretus Spitus,but much
more accurate in putting the meds all over the person giving them.

Ferretus Twistus - This is the graceful fert that can squirm right out of
any scruff hold.

Ferretus Twistus and Shoutus - The ferret that cannot only squirm out of
any scruff hold,but squeal like you're killing them at the same time.
Caution-never medicate these types in public,unless you like strange looks.

Ferretus Burritous - The ferret that has to be rolled in a towel to be
given meds.Caution-head may disappear down the neck hole.

Ferretus Pityus - Those ferrets that look so forlorn after receiving
meds,that you just have to give them a treat.Don't fall for the I need a
treat after getting ferretone trick.

Ferretus Fakus Outus - Those darlings that convince you they have swallowed
the medicine,only to spit it out in a hidey hole.

Ferretus Forearm Thrustus - The ferret that uses his front legs to
continually knock the syringe away.The object being to see how far they
can fling it.

Ferretus Gagus with a Twinkieus - The ferret that gags whenever they see a
syringe,and would much rather have a twinkie,thank you.

Ferretus Rocketus - The ferret that shoots the thermometer across the
room,when the vet tech isn't looking.Extra points are given for hitting
and knocking off something on the shelves.

Ferretus Slimeus - those little cuties that get nervous when the vet picks
them up and gives them a great stool sample.

I know there are many more,but the list isn't long enough,and BIG might
protest.Remember,the next time your ferret's sick think of it as an
opportunity to laugh at life's little jokes.

Sandy and 4 Ferretus Twerpus