From:
William Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:33:27 -0500
>I have one more question.  Every once in awhile, they(george mainly) will
>wake up out of deep sleep or just a nap and scratch wildly (USUALLY at the
>nap of the neck).  They do that till it's gone and are fine for awhile.
>I haven't noticed any bugs on them.  And they have only been REALLY doing
>it the past few days.  Any advice would be GREAT, because I am so new to
>this.  I really hope that they are okay, as I love my kids.

My Salem has a habit of doing this while asleep on my chest.  The first
time he did it scared me to death as I was in the middle of a good horror
movie late at night and he had decided to sack out on my chest.  All at
once from nowhere he starts this furious scratching from a dead sleep.
Needless to say the popcorn bowl didn't make it :) I wouldn't worry too
much about it.  I think they are just itchy sometimes.  In Salem's case I
think he did it on purpose to scare me.

Hawk & Patrick,
Salem, Faye & Bandit the ferts
Pyewacket the cat
and Smokey the African Grey

Blessings to all animals great and small and those of us who love and
adore them.