From:
lisette lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 09:50:50 -0500
1. Sue- I love your love story about Caleb and Abigail.  But it also made
me very sad.  Ferrets resemble humans in many ways when it comes to testing
drug reactions.  I think of all the innocent animals suffering, tortured,
terrified, and all alone.  It is reading the FML that makes me think there
is some hope for at least a few of the living feeling beings called
ferrets.  That a ferret can pine away when its great friend is taken
away--How could we conceive of the pain so many of the wee ones endure?

That is why I say when your baby dies-Remember what a blessing you were in
his or her life.  Be gratefull for all you were able to provide for your
little one.Maybe I am cynical.  But I think FMLers are a small minority of
typical animal owners.

Baby and I have met several thousand people over the years-at animal expos,
the park, the movies, restaurants, malls, car washes, gas stations, the dry
cleaners.  So many people have come up and said "I used to have a ferret."
What happened to it?" Oh, I got a cat , or a dog, or I moved, or I got
tired of it, AND I GOT RID OF IT'" That is what I hear-from hundreds of
people

2. BATHING HINT FORJENNY :.I think the best time for a bath is after the
morning poops.  You have at least two hours before the poop factories
strike again..

3.Teeth cleaning: I have had the teeth cleaned while the fert is awake.
But if eating duck soup-my ferts are getting inflamed gums again after 6
months.  I had two go to sleepy land for teeth cleaning.  Expensive[$40.
each for sleepy time] But a cavitron was used.  Look at the gums and teeth.
Do gums bleed when you brush teeth with childrens tooth brush?  Then you
have a gum infection that will ultimately affect their ability to eat.
Animal may greatly decline before you discover problem.  Giving those
treats you arent supposed to that build up plaque on teeth?  Then pay for
the professional cleaning when necessary.

Ferret kisses
Lisette