Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2008 12:18:30 -0400
Are some of you not really hearing my posts, here? Or understanding
my point? Now I'm upset again, first off, sukie, you're post was very
strange to me, so I can't even respond, second, to the other post, yes
I would have loved a miracle, I defaulted on seven credit cards and I
sh*t you not, to the point where my ringer is turned off on my phone,
and I hear the messages as they come through my machine, because of
collection agencies, I litterally stopped paying every bill I have,
except my rent and phone, to pay for Scooters care, I did without,
to do for him, including ruining my credit, and I'd do it again in a
heartbeat....

This is not about unrealistic expectations, this is about principle,
and being a professional in your work, vet, whatever, and if you can't
do your job, for whatever reason, tell the patient this and to go
elsewhere, that they can't take on new clients, ANYTHING!! Sounds
pretty friggen simple to me! I could never in a million years, and by
the way, before my illnesses several years ago I was wanting to be a
vet...... To be treating a patient for a year, then out of the blue,
just stop responding as if she fell off the face of the world. Is
unbeievable to me....! Maybe I love animals to much maybe that's my
problem.....If so called, friggen dr. X, WAS HAVING SOME LIFE TIME
CRISIS, WOULDN'T THE DECENT THING TO DO, IS LET THE PERSON KNOW
THIS?????????????????? What is wrong here? My emails, phone calls,
phone messages, nothing, O was returned..... I went as far as to call
the hospital this so called dr, was at one day to see if she was still
alive! This person even lied to me, which I caught her in, that I won't
get into, then had the balls when it was to late, to send a nasty
email, which I mensioned in a prior post....

also no Scooter was not that sick.... No, I was not expecting to much
or round the clock care, which is rediculouse to expect from anyone
...Scooter had cardiomyopathy, his heart was only slightly enlarged,
and wasn't even on the heavy duty heart medicines yet, he was only on a
75ml dose of lasix twice a day, and another expert I was taking him to,
who did the monthly heart ex rays, was impressed with his prograss, as
his heart remained the same, without change in size, I credit this to
the love, support, and supplements I had him on for his heart, coq10,
hawthornberry, taurine, and one extremely important supplement being
probiotics, which seems to be forgotton by a lot of vets, especially
since every vet seems to be antibiotic happy, including regular human
drs... Ferrets have microflora too, and without your digestive system,
which by the way,for those who don't know, your immune system is in
your gut, youre going to start becoming sick with a shot to hell immune
system, with all these antibiotics, which the words meaning, is against
life, and if your not replacing that microflra with a probiotic, word
meaning for life, you will start having one health problem after
another, then you will ask yourself, what came first, the chicken or
the egg? Why would ferrets be any different? I am not a nutritionalist,
but I am a certified, c.h.f.s. And some day plan on finishing with my
degree in nutrition, even if I am 43, my health problems put a hold on
my goals.

To get back on the subject, Scooter ended up dieing from an enlarged
spleen, that finally burst, and bled out, Not his heart! This makes
matters even harder for me as I was told by dr. X, all ferrets have
large spleens, as they age, and his was not a problem! Do you see what
and why this is especially upsetting? So I'm dealing with not only a
vet that competely shut me out for no reason, but also a stupid one,
who apparently knows little about ferrets! Over 18 yrs, of owning
ferrets, not one got a large spleen, just because they aged! To say its
normal and happens to all of them is bull! And yes I know Scooter would
probably not be a candidate for spleen removal.surgery, but it would
have been nice to know my and his options....

Another thing, this person wanted to do adrenal surgery on him, when
he wasn't even showing signs, also told me cardiomyopathy was not his
problem, when it was, which I found out later from the other ferret vet
expert, through exrays and ultrasounds, at least this person gave me
options, it just became extremely difficult to see him, with my eye
disease, and an old 97 toyota carolla, giving me problems that made it
hard to travel an hour each way to weare nh. This was when I started
back with dr. X, what a mistake..... dr. Friggen X, also agreed with
the diagnoses only after not having a choice, because the records,
heart ex rays, ultrasounds ect, where sent to her.....I have even
received emails from others here that new exactly who I was refering
to, without me being able to mension her name! Apparently this dr, just
tells you what you want to hear and sends you out the door with your
2month supply of antibiotics, and calls it a day, without calling you!

Please people try to see my point to all these posts, and save yourslf
having to go through something simular.....If nothing else....I want my
posts to help others, and learn from it, I'm just sorry it cost Scooter
his little life......Not only this, but be weary of drs, and their
constant use of antibiotics, and if you go this route, don't ask, just
do the probiotics with them...there is not nearly enough topics on the
use of probiotics and ferrets... Ferrets have very simular digestive
properties as humans, in fact so much so,that they unfortunately use
ferrets as models when testing different antacid type drugs, such as
nexium, prilosec ect, as well as cigarette smoke studies.... I'm
totally against this, but its true, they should use people like dr. X,
for these studies, and save the ferrets!!!

If you want to critizize me for something, fine, but please, not for
what I expected from a vet, and didn't get...... This was and remains
inexcusible, end of story. Deb

--aliano