Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:28:15 -0400
To those of you who have had many ferrets over the past few years, I have
a question.

Are ferrets who have not been neutered until they were 6 mos. old less
likely to get adrenal disease?

I am asking because someone I know who has had lots of ferrets said none
of her ferrets who were neutered at an older age got adrenal disease.

Is there any kind of supplement that might help to prevent this disease?

Is there anything we can do to stop the breeders or distributors from
neutering these babies?  I'm no biologist, but I don't think it is good
for them since so many things in the body are controlled and affected by
hormones.

Another question about descenting: Is it harmful to the health of the
ferret?  In some parts of Europe it is illegal to descent them.

On a lighter note, what does a descented ferrets poof (not poop) smell
like?  Skunk?  Farts?  Just how bad is it?  Does the ferret itself smell
any different, in general?

Thanks,
Shron & Rocky