Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1993 18:38:00 -0400
To the FFZ'er in Santa Monica, CA-

RE:  Modified Live Virus Vaccines.

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!  By all the documentation that we have, or have been
referred to by others, you should NOT use this type of vaccine on a ferret.
Only killed rabies vaccines should be used.  The only officially recognized
vaccine is IMRAB, which is also used on dogs and <yech> cats, and so can be
obtained with NO problems to any vet in an FFZ.

<Soapbox mode OFF>

And now for the regularly scheduled portion of our post...Amy and I are
anticipating a move in the near future, and would like to be able to take a
good reference library with us.  We have Fox's book, but would like to know
if there are any others.  Also, we have noticed that there are a few vet
students out there.  Any information, reference listings, etc. that you have
would be appreciated.  We are within easy driving distance of Cornell U. and
its Vet library, so we just need references... ;^).

As we are doing this via GEnie's Internet gateway, I am unsure as to how to
pull files from other sources.  I.e., I can't FTP to somewhere to get stuff,
for instance...unless there's a guru out there lurking who can educate me
further.

Pete & Amy              |  Ferret Liberation Army
 [log in to unmask]  |  Merlynn, Morgan, Arthur, Ashke, Coconut