Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 01:47:46 GMT
Daphne and Tanker were helped to the Bridge this afternoon.  They each
went peacefully while licking Ferretone off my hand.  They were rescues
(awful situations, different homes), and their actual age is unknown -
they have been with me since April, 1999.

They had multiple health issues [and Daphne was blind], and the kindest
[though VERY HARD FOR ME!] thing to do was to help them to the Bridge.

We loved them ever so much and my heart is hurting.  It is always painful
to say good-by to loved ones, no matter the situation.  We have had many,
many ferrets since August, 1988.  Tanker and Daphne were our last.  Due
to life changes, we can't [for the foreseeable time] have any more.  Even
though it was difficult to have the ferts the last 4 years, we managed.
And loved them.

It won't be the same without the carpet sharks under foot, mysteriously
missing items, the um, "gifts" in the corners, the funny games, that ever
so special smell, and the kisses.

Bridge Greeters: Please help Tanker ["Tank-Tank", "Tanker Boy", "Mama's
Boy"] to the rasins.  He enjoyed sticking his head into the water pan to
get his rasins.  A RARE treat for him.  Before we left today, our
daughter put rasins in the pan for him to dive for as best he could.  He
was a loverboy and quite the kisser.  Daphne [AKA "FTB", "The Ferret That
Bites" as she was called by my husband because she liked to sneak up on
him and pinch him on the foot, lol.  Also called "Stubby" due to having
1/2 her tail amputated due to a tumor, "Mama's Baby"] always looked for
me.  She enjoyed riding in my folded up T-shirt while I went about some
of my chores.  She also made it a point to help me in the bathroom, lol.
Help her find the T-shirt rides.  A sweet, loving ferret.  Rest in peace
my sweet babies, We loved you.  VERY much!

Tequita Williamson, Certified Birth Doula (DONA)
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be
ruled by evil men."- Plato