From:
Brooke Lusky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 12:15:48 -0600
It has been a long time since I posted, but I have a little problem with one
of my older ferrets and figured it was time to ask for advice.

Indy is a MF male going on 5 yrs in April.  For the past two months or so,
he has been extremely agressive with the other ferrets.  Especially is
cagemate Cody (5yr old adrenal MF male).  I know one of Cody's adrenal
problem symptoms was severe agression and he constantly tried to kill Indy,
but he also had quite a bit of hair loss.  Indy has no hair loss at all.  I
have had to put him in a separate cage to keep Cody's neck and ears from
being chewed up.  Now all he does is sleep all day.  He has been very lazy
for quite some time, but he seems to be depressed that he is all alone now.
I put him back in with Cody the other day and in less than 5 minutes he was
beating him up again!  He has no fear whatsoever!  He will even beat up on
one of my BIG boys who weighs 4# and Indy is only a little over 2#.

Right now I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't an adrenal
tumor because I remember how hard that was on Cody....he seemed to want to
die for nearly a month after the operation!  Does anyone have any ideas or
suggestions on my grumpy old man?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Brooke

http://members.aol.com/FerretFun/frenzy.htm