From:
Carla Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 09:06:53 -0500
I feel for you and Rasta.  Fortunately we caught Stoney's insulinoma before
the symptoms appeared.  He had debulking surgery April '98.  He passed due
to kidney and heart complications Easter night, this year.  There were a
lot of ups and downs.  I was just glad for each day, especially the ones
when everything seemed balanced.  I had him on pred and proglycem.  I wish
you the best, and can only say, in my experience, each case is different as
the animal's individual personality.  I felt Stoney appreciated that we
kept a positive outlook and surrounded him with love.  They respond so well
to these emotions.  Depending on the level of suffering I don't believe it
is necessary to have one put down just because they have the illness.  I'll
say a little prayer for your baby (I am rather partial to Insulinomic
ferrets, b/c of Stoney and Brahm, a rescue who's illness was so advanced
and was complicated by neglect and abuse.  He stayed with us 2.5 wks and we
helped him cross the Bridge.  I will always have a soft spot in my heart
for these special ferrets.  They were such little heroes)