From:
Ronnie DiComo and Possum Prints <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 1995 18:19:03 EST
Re: HSUS

>Many HSUS shelters kill ferrets upon admission to their shelters...
    I'm not sure HSUS is affiliated with any shelters--I don't think they
are.  Can anyone confirm this?  I think HSUS has done a lot of good work
re: other animal issues but as far as I'm concerned they have totally
lost credibility.  However, I also don't want to be giving out false
info--does anyone know if they are affiliated with any shelters (a local
"humane society" may have absolutely nothing to do with HSUS).

>I don't want to own a poisonous cobra or an assault rifle - I want to
>have the right to own my little, sweet ferrets...
    I think this could be a great idea for a poster--I can see a photo of
an assault rifle, a cobra, maybe something else, and a ferret-- saying
"Which one is illegal in Calif (Masachusetts)?" and then an explanation.

Re: Paddington and Suzie and Taffy...
I have been so touched by the stories about animals who have died and
come back to visit the ones they love, and also the idea of animals
helping others who have died-- I think love is always stronger than
anything, even death.

I'm very interested in stories like this; if anyone wants to talk more
about life after death/spirituality of animals/communicating with
animals, etc.  please e-mail me.

Re: Arnold Schwartzenferret chapter of CHAOS
From Norm:
Yeah, Ralphie and I are interested.  Our mom had a new screen door put in
and we're very busy enlarging a hole in the wood under the door.  It's
hard work, so we take turns digging through the wood!  Even Cinderella
has been helping!  I like to build up my muscles by holding a tennis ball
in my arms and then running around backwards.  And I like to take books
off of shelves and I also inspect the countertop in the kitchen as often
as I can.  It's hard work getting the drawers open 'cause our mom keeps
them taped shut.  We're strong boys and we'd like to get together with
others and work out.