Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 2009 16:59:28 -0400
I have found probiotics useful for ferrets who have some digestion
problems. Only use a little bit at a time. You don't want their body
to stop producing the 'good' bacteria that is supplemented by the
probiotics. Specifically, we use Forti Flora for felines. Just a little
bit every couple of days works for ferrets with IBD, ulcers, or other
problems. At least that's been my experience.

As for insulinoma, the prednisolone should be given with food, as it
can otherwise irritate their stomach and lead to ulcers.

Also, we've found that dividing the daily dosage of prednisolone into
3 doses, given every 8 hours, is more effective than dividing into 2
doses, given every 12 hours.

Jeff
In Memory of Neo and Mr. Parker
Caring for Trinny, Morphy, Baby Girl, Luna, Dozer, and Possum the
Million Dollar Ferret