From:
Jacci Copeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:05:55 -0400
I recently adopted a ferret at the Ohio Buckeye Bash.  It is becoming
evident to me that I'm pretty sure he is deaf.  He doesn't react to the
squeaker toy like my little girl does (she comes running every time) he
seems like he doesn't even hear it.  He is a chocolate 1 1/2 yr old, but
his head is very light colored & he has a very faint mask (I know light
colored heads are likelier to be deaf).

My question is for those of you out there who have deaf ferts - how do
you "call" them when you are looking for them in your house?  We have a
couch that they have always gotten under, but I swear Danny is getting
INTO it somewhere somehow because when I flip the thing over (the bottom
cloth has been long gone) he is nowhere to be seen & I can't get him to
come to me to put him in the cage for the night when I can't find him!
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Jacci Copeland
Kira the Wonder-Fert & Danny Phantom