From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 13:06:12 -0700
Illura has undergone a turnaround that for lack of a better word I have to
call miraculous!!  A night or so ago I came home from Petco after buying
various canned ferret and kitten foods to see if she would eat any of it.
I see two fuzzy lumps in the cage, one asleep in the hammock and the other
with her head stuck waayyy down into the food bowl.  I naturally assumed
that it was Lola at the bowl, but when she lifted her head to look at me I
saw that it was Illura!!  She was munching away like she had never seen
food (not surprising considering she hadn't eaten for a week), and when I
offered some of the canned ferret food she chowed down on it.  This was
after one dose of the antibiotics and pepto.  She's still very skinny and
so still gets duck soup (btw I do use the extra-calorie Ensure), tried the
heavy cream, she wasn't that thrilled but drank a bit.  I'm so happy, she's
acting like Illura again.  She and Lola have been wardancing back and forth
all morning.  I knew she was feeling better when she hid my shoe in the
bathroom.  The only thing is, she's an absolute pill (no pun intended)
about taking her medicine.  I keep telling her it will make her feel better
but I don't think she believes me ;) Thank you, thank you, thankyou for all
the wonderful advice many of you have given me.  I'll continue to keep you
updated.

Rachel, Illura ((the hungry!) and Lola