From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 11:07:57 -0500
Bryan Hall wrote:
>Jabba has decided that the food dish and the water bottle in the cage are
>"his" and won't ordinarily let my other two near it now!  [...] Tenaka and
>Cayanne were VERY hungry and thirsty yesterday when I came back, because
>Jabba didn't even seem to want them on the bottom level of the cage (where
>the food/litterbox/water bottle is).

Aggression like this can be hormonally caused, which in a neutered male may
be a sign of an adrenal problem (if he's over a year) or a retained testicle
(in a young'un).  Not necessarily, but it's worth keeping in mind.  As a
temporary solution, get a second food bowl and water bottle and put them
somewhere else for Tenaka and Cayenne.

Gwen wrote:
>My 1 1/2 year old, male ferret has gained quite a bit of weight for the
>winter.

Not uncommon.  Males can vary by as much as 40% in weight from summer to
winter.

Ren asked:
>Can someone please send me the recipe to duck soup so I can pork up my wee
>bony one??  The vet said he needed to gain more weight

http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/faq/part5.html#duck_soup

Several other variations are also used, adding meat baby food and such, but
that's the basic idea.

--
- Pam Greene
Ferret Central <http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/>