From:
Alexandra Sargent-Colburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 2009 11:48:37 +0000
Dear Ferret Folks-

I have gotten several messages in my inbox over the last few days, and
they all say basically the same thing.

"Are you OK? You are too quiet, I'm worried."

Never fear. I just went on vacation with family to the Burning Man
Festival in the Nevada desert, the Black Rock Desert. Where is that?
North of Gerlach, of course, where they mine gypsum for wallboard. I
was gone for ten days, and didn't think to tell very many folks that
I was going.

So I wasn't...

1) In jail.
2) In an inpatient mental facility.
3) Running away from home after cutting up my ATM and credit cards
   so that the cops couldn't find me.

Although there are days when any or all of these options appeal to
me....

Nope. I was wallowing in a giant alkaline dust bath with forty-plus
thousand other hippie freaks while Techno music thumped in the
background. It is completely addictive, although there are no ferrets
or other animals allowed, for good reason. It would be mean to make
them breathe the dust and endure the heat, the lack of natural water
sources. If you are curious,

burningman.com

Alexandra in MA

Todd: Our Hoomins are back!
Caff-Pow: But I didn't want a glo-stick, I wanted a chicken wing!