From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1992 18:17:43 -0500
Anonymous, please.

David Gifford wrote last week about trying to find shelter for
carpet sharks during the holidays and said he would hate to have
to try to take them to California.  My advice is DO NOT BRING
your ferrets to California unless you know how to bypass the
border crossing stations. (By the way, I can give instructions
on how to do this on I-80 if anybody wants to know.) We actually
had a permit for ours when we moved to California (you could still
get them then IF it was a neutered male), and still had a long
wait at the border while the inspectors called Sacramento to see
if it was legit.  Anyway, it's not worth the risk of losing your
little pals.

-- Rikki & Mitts' Dad