Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 13:21:54 -0500
>From: rebecca bailey <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: a shocking discovery

I was flipping through Buellers papers when i noticed that she had been
bred at Marshalls.  I have heard some horrible things about this facility
and I was wondering if anyone had any information about this.

This is my first time writing to the list, but after coming across this, I
had to respond.  I have heard numerous times from many pet stores in my
area that they "only buy Marshall Farms ferrets".  Not knowing, I figured
if it was something the stores brag about, it must be pretty good.  My own
baby is from Marshall Farms.  I then came across some articles from PETA's
website and was horrified at what PETA claims that Marshall Farms really
is.  The article states that Marshall Farms breeds beagles and ferrets in
mass numbers, half for pets and the other half are sold as lab animals!
The explain the living conditions of the animals and I still have horrible
images in my mind that I can't get rid of.  I still wonder if the pet
stores have any idea who they are buying from.  Go to PETA's website and
make your own judgement, maybe they are exaggerating or misjudging, but you
need a strong stomach to read the articles and to look at the pictures.

FYI - Marshall Farms tattoos 2 blue dots on each baby ferret's ear, that's
how you can tell if yours is from Marshall Farms.

Yvonne & Taz

[Moderator's note: Also look at archives here -- the situation is quite
cloudy.  BIG]