From:
Lisa Vible <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 09:26:15 -0500
Risa,

I know how you feel.  I have 6 fuzzies now (my limit for now!  LOL!)
To keep my rooms from smelling bad I have found where they normally try
to go poop.  I try to check their places every few hours and I use a
disinfectant wipey.  I dont have any bad smells in any of my rooms at all
and in fact you couldnt even tell by any smells in my house that I have
any animals.

If I dont want the boys to go bathroom somewhere I put towels down and
within a week they stop going in that place.  Every now and then they
make a mistake and there is alittle poop on the towel but most times they
are pretty good about it.

I keep a litter box in my master bathroom and the boys go into my
bathroom and do their business next to the litter box (sometimes in it!)
but I'd rather have it on linolium (sp) than the carpet.

I shampoo all my rugs every month.  I use the new hoover steam cleaner
(expensive but worth it).  It steams the rug while it cleans taking the
smells out from the backing and fibers of the carpet and works really
good.  I use the orange scented rug cleaner and it smells like oranges.
The only problem is if you really clean the rug really good it takes over
3 hours to dry so I usually shampoo on sat afternoon when all little
fuzzies are sleeping for the afternoon.

When the boys were going to the bathroom under my bed I rubbed towels
over all of them and then put those towels under the bed and they
stopped going there.  The towel trick seems to really work.

Unfortunately, if you love fuzzies like we all do you get stuck with
the bad bathroom habits!  LOL!

Lisa