Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 10 Apr 1994 13:06:53 -0400
   >From: [log in to unmask]
   >Date: Fri, 8 Apr 1994 23:22:51 -0400
   >Subject: Ferrets from Hell
   >Michigan.  Are ferrets legal in Michigan?  I was hoping to
   >cage them in a hotel room with me (with the hotel's
   >permission, maybe).  Any problems anyone can see?

No, ferrets are not legal in MI. There is pending legislation. You
should have no problems, if you avoid state parks and such. I take mine
for rides from time to time, and have even had police over here, and
have had no problems. Current policy is to allow about 48 hours to get
it out of the state, if there is a complaint. No fine or prosecution,
unless you are trying to sell them or breed them. As to the lodging-I
wouldn't mention it!! They're quiet, and with the carryall, you should
have no problem. They just don't want their rooms 'soiled' by
inconsiderate pet owners. I wouldn't leave it in the room for the maid
to find, though!! They travel well, and I don't suspect you would be
pulled over by the State Police for a creature peering out your
windows, but I've never had a problem. I WOULD make sure you have a
vet's certificate of Rabies innoculation, and tell them you are
leaving in a day or two. You should have no problem, as you are not
'bringing it to reside' in MI, and are only visiting.

Paul in MI with the furry six wonders!`[36;40m  Rainbow V 1.25