From:
Ferret Aid Society <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 02:33:10 -0500
WOW!  What a wonky week at the shelter!

On Tuesday morning, our Billy was rushed into the hospital by auntie
Paige.  His ECE was in full gear (again) and he was bleeding badly from
his poor wee bum.  Thank goodness for auntie Paige, she took him straight
to the hospital and they were able to save him.  He's still there on
fluids, but doing MUCH better!

Also on Tuesday, auntie Paige drove all the way out to London to pick up
2 new kids.  Phil and Dee.  Phil can't walk very well and will be going
to the vet on Monday for x-rays.  He's real cute and mommie is very
worried about him.

Dee is pregnant.  Poor little girl was housed outside with Phil, in the
cold, in the snow.  They were removed by the SPCA due to cruelty.  Dee
has been named after my grandma (Deanna) because her babies are due on my
grandma's birthday, Dec. 18th.  Mommie calls her Baby Bean, but we all
know her as Dee.  Mommie is keeping Dee in her room, away from ECE and
other ferrets.  Mommie is water logged from all the showers she has been
taking between the ferret room and her room, to prevent Dee from getting
ECE lol!!!  Both kids are about four years old and very sweet.

Because the shelter is OVER capacity, auntie Sandy & uncle Mark took in a
ferret for the shelter.  Her name is Scarlet and she is about a year old.
She is a cute little silver Mitt.  She was abandon to the streets by her
owner.  Happily, she happened upon a friendly house during her travels
on the streets.  A lady had her patio door open and our Scarlet wondered
into the lady's home.  The lady found Scarlet in her kitchen.  At first,
she shooed Scarlet back outside, but Scarlet knew this lady would be her
saving grace and she refused to leave the lady's patio.

Eventually, the nice lady let her in and Scarlet won her heart.  Sadly,
the lady didn't know much about ferrets and wasn't able to keep her so
she called us.  Thankfully, uncle Mark & auntie Sandy were able to help
the shelter out by fostering her until she could find a home.

Our little Pistachio is going in for adrenal surgery this week.  Please
keep him in your thoughts for a speedy recovery.  Please also keep Phil
in your thoughts, he's a very special little boy who needs lots of love.
As well, baby Drake is having a tough time overcoming ECE.  He's lost
over 250 grams this week.  He's eating mommie's goo real well, but needs
your prayers.

Auntie Trish, mommie's new roommate and two of her doggies visited the
ferret room on Saturday.  The poodle was so cute looking at all the kids
and Oliver, the scardy dog was really happy to meet the kids too!  i know
in time, they will all be friends!

My love to all!
Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society