From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:15:30 -0800
My fiance and I have decided that, to help our poor little beagle with
terrible separation anxiety, we are going to get him a friend.  We are in
the middle of the adoption process for a beautiful little girl that is an
Aussie/shepherd/husky mix.  (If you would like to see her, she's is at
this site: http://www.allbreed.org/View%20Puppies/pages/blue.htm)

We would like to know if anyone has had experience, good or bad, with
Aussies and ferrets.

The ferrets have free-roam in their own room for the time I am in the house
(usually 5pm until bedtime around midnite).  I have a weezl-watchr ferret
gate to keep them in and the beagle out.  During the day they are caged.
(We haven't completely ferret-proofed the room, yet.)

The beagle does well with the ferrets.  He gets a little too pouncy with
them, but never tries to bite.  He pushes them around the room with his
nose, and they love it.

But I've never had an Aussie before, so I'm not sure what their prey-drive
is like.

Thanks a bunch!

=====
Aileen & the Herd
Welcome to Toby, the newest Herdling!
Slinky, Kyle, Noel, & Rootie the beagle
Still missing Sandy & Gizmo. We love you.

Check out the Herd's website at:
 http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/7414/index.html