Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:56:59 -0500
This is crossposted with permission.  Please contact
"Thomas J. Schmidt" <[log in to unmask]>
if you can take the ferret.

If nobody can help this gentleman out, I am willing to take the ferrert
in to my shelter in Randolph NJ.  DUe to my job and weekend commitments,
I can't make the drive up there.  If someone could help me transport the
ferret to North Jersey, I can meet them.  Or, if someone wants to foster,
I will provide ADV testing and vaccinations and list the ferret on
www.scalesandtails.org

Any help, albeit adoption directly, transport, or fostering would be
gratefully accepted and appreciated :)

Gail Elsey, Scales and Tails, Inc.
501c(3) Corporation
New Jersey Registered Charity
Exotic Animal Rescue, Rehab, and Placement
Ferrets and Reptiles

"Hi Gail.  I'm out towards the eastern end of Long Island, NY (Suffolk
County).  NJ is a bit far.  If you have any connections you can contact
(or list) that may be interested in taking this ferret please send out
the word.  The ferret seems pretty healthy to me, although a bit
aggressive (probably due to lack of human contact).  I've been keeping
up with it's food and water and trying to maintain it's cage.

I can't understand why this girl left this ferret behind.  She had two
and only took one with her.  I feel bad for the animal and want it placed
in a proper home that can take care of it.

Thanks for any help in this matter.

Tom Schmidt
Manorville, NY 11949

631-878-8658"