From:
Kymberlie Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 00:40:32 -0500
Hi Everyone!!

I just had to write in to tell everyone that the first Ferrets Across
America transport went beautifully.  Patches, Blackie, and Freckles are all
here safe and sound in Pennsylvania, and Freckles will be on her way to
Ronnie DiComo in Massachusettes as soon as we get that leg of the trip
underway.  Blackie, who is not remotely black and will therefore be renamed
soon <g> is now in her new home with Ann Grey and her four new buddies.  And
Patches, sweet, darling Patches, is now in her new home with yours truly.
She is everything and far more than I'd hoped she would be!  She is
absolutely gorgeous, a true mutt.  She looks a lot like the ferret in the
1997 Ferret Calendar, the little blaze with the baby bottle (January, I
think).  Patches' blaze is much fainter, though, she only has tips, not
mitts, and she's got splotches of brown on her belly here and there... she
also has one eye that is about half the size of the other eye... I suppose
that she was born that way, but it's cute, and doesn't seem to know the
difference anyway.  She is adjusting extremely well here, and amazingly,
after her very long journey, is showing no signs of stress at all!  She sure
does want to sleep a lot, though!  <g>

I'd like to sincerely thank the following for all that they did in helping
me to pull this first transport together in such a short period of time:
Mary and Tom Osburn, Paula Bryder (and her sister!), Jackie Hawley, Kelly
Quinn, Karen Daignault, Debbie Spring, Lynda Neas, and Judith and Eric
White.  If not for their help in getting these ferrets from Florida to here,
I'd not have this darling beauty in my arms as I write this!

Several people have written in with transport requests, now that I can
breathe again (it's been a stressful couple of days <g>) I will get started
on them.  Also, THANK YOU to all of the people who wrote in offering to be
a transport agent for their area.  I have about twenty or so already on the
map, and another thirty or so who have volunteered in the past few days who
I have not had time to add to my map and list.  If anyone else would like to
volunteer, e-mail me with your name, address, phone number, and how far you
are willing to drive each way for a transport.  YES, we do need transports
for everywhere... California included!  We have very few volunteers from the
midwest westward (but I did get a volunteer for Alaska!  That was awesome).
Canadians are welcome as well!!

So, I just wanted to let everyone know that it went well, and the ferrets
are all safe and sound... thank you all, very much!!

Kymberlie Becker Barone
Director, Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
"Forget Puppy Love...There's nothing Greater than Ferret Love!" TM
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/ferretlady