From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 1996 10:18:10 -0400
Just a suggestion for people who have clay litter.  My ferret boxes all have
rabbit pellets in them, since I find that works as well for me as clumping
litter did and is not at all messy.  However, I do have two cat boxes with
the old fashioned large clay litter in them, and of course the fuzzies
*have* to use them to make their little statements.  I bought a very cheap
woven mat, about the size of a doormat, at a local nursery and crafts store.
I slid one end under the front of the box (which is wedged into a corner)
and the rest of the mat extends out from the entrance.  It not only catches
most of the litter that sticks to the critters' paws and holds it down in
the crevices, it also gives the fuzzies a great place to wipe their little
hineys.  Most of the litter vacuums out easily and I can rinse the mat when
I need to.  I doubt it will last forever, but it will be cheap to replace.

Judith
Eloise & Sabine
Bizzy & Baby
And Jake too! as of two weeks ago
Also Oreo and Griffin who hate sharing the litter boxes