Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:35:19 -0700
OK, don't kill the messenger, this was a reply to a friend , thought it
was worth mentioning.

You know in the days gone past we would have called this "old age".  In
our quest for immortality we lose sight of the most simple fact of all,
when the day comes we must check out of the hotel.  Some people try
everything to the point of absurdity and just frustrate themselves
because they can't stop the aging process .  REMEMBER the most important
health fact of all when it comes to ferrets, we have pushed their
"normal" lifespan so far out there that if these animals were humans they
would be something like 300-400 years old .  You could only imagine the
health problems of a human being 200 yrs old would reveal.  Severe bone
de-calcification, liver panels that are outside of the limits to the part
you'd think you are looking at a Galapagos tortoise.  Spinal column
collapse, nerve degeneration, lymph glands dying off, and all the the
problems we see in ferrets.  It rare for a ferret to show pain so when
they are so bad off that they are grinding teeth or crying out they are
in so much pain that there is only one human option left, let them go ,
let them see their old friends again , and remember that you gave them
a happy and fruitful life.

Now "XXXX" sounds like the ferret that's sticking his/her toe towards Mr.
Death and saying "SEE YA LATER!!!"

He's remarkable.  As long as he is not in pain let him charge on , but
remember, Dr. Death eventually comes a calling, and it's up to you to
know when time is up and to deleiver him into the paws of his friends at
the bridge where they all "Moon" Dr. Death as we are immortal , just not
on this planet.

News from the "I never saw that movie" column, Transporter is a 4 star
action/adventure , now out on DVD..

Z32weasel