From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 05:35:45 -0700
Dear FMLers:

I want to post this and ask:

How could anyone move, and leave nothing in their apartment but a ferret?

You all should know that there are many options if you can't keep your
fuzzy.  There are many correct choices like trying to find your pet a home,
or bring the pet to a shelter in hopes that it will find a home.  If you
leave your ferret at a shelter, for GODS SAKE MAKE A DONATION!  If you
can't, the shelter will usually still take the fuzzy.  If you can, it is
always greatly appreciated!

I urge you all to take a HUMANE approach.  If you (who left a beautiful,
friendly, young silver mitt all alone and moved out) are a reader of the
FML, you should be ashamed of yourself!  You should be jailed for animal
abuse!  You are lucky I don't know who you are.

Thankfully, there are those of us who will go out of our way to help.  In
general, the ferret human community is wonderful.  If we could all just
help those who don't know so much about them, the world would be a better
place.

So make the difference today.  Volunteer, educate, sponsor a shelter
ferret, reach out, and see if a fuzzy needs help.  What can you do?  Just
make an effort, and you will see the difference!

[MY]