From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 16:16:59 -0400
Oh, and it hit me that my saying what weeks equal in days in that old
post might seem weird, so I guess I'd better tell you that I recall that
when the post first ran there also was a sort of running joke going on.
I can't recall what it was, though, just that adding that gave the
eruption info but also referred to the running joke.  There are some
things in the Archives that could confuse new current people if they
read only smatterings from back when FML tended to have a lot of that.

It is so much fun seeing people getting back to including fun cooperative
ferret stories, and such wonderful, funny behavioral posts!

Did you know that at one time there were so many ferret stories, song
lyrics to existing songs, and poems that Bryan (Brian?) Coffey (?)
actually put together the _Ferret Poem Book_ with FML members donating
ferret art work, too, as illustrations?  It wasn't complete because the
contributors all gave permission so some people could not be located or
didn't want work included.  The book was hundreds of pages long despite
many poems being about 6 to a page and was on the web!  It would be fun
to have one that includes the later works which have appeared here, too.

Oh, I recall one of the topics Bryan brought up back then:

"If you were building a home from scratch what things would you have
included for the ferrets?"

I recall a mention of built in seating and steps with tunnels through
them (which could be reached by hinged tops) and windows at times in the
tunnels so that visitors could be startled.  Also, having all furniture
in a room suspended from the ceiling beams so ferrets could dash
everywhere.  I think someone mentioned a circular room, too.  LOL!