From:
Maureen Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Dec 1997 06:42:00 -0500
Happy and Healthy Holidays FMLers,
I've been catching up on the last few weeks,and saw some disturbing (Jean's
terrible incident!) posts and some uplifting posts (rescuing our guys is
always a treat to read about!).

I've been busy taking care of "business"in more ways than one.  Our count is
up to 11.

I haven't posted since last summer when we lost our beloved albino girl,
Ruby.  I couldn't even write about it.  It was an accident and she got under
a big cage during cleaning and we didn' t find her til several hours later.
We were hard on ourselves (as we should be) but time has passed.  My husband
saw two albinos in a pet store and they were getting big.  It reached a
point where he thought they shouldn' t be split up so we bought them.  They
are so like our Ruby that we feel she's still with us.  We call them Dot and
Dashiel and our older albino has claimed them for her own.  They're twice as
big as she is but she grooms and protects them from any perceived or real
threat!

That brought us to 8.

Our neighbors up the street knew we had ferrets and wanted to get rid of a
nippy young male that didn' t work out as a companion for their older girl.
Of course we wanted Niles!  And he doesn't nip, he's a lover who wants to be
held and loved.  .....9

Our Ferret Friendly vet needed a "foster" home for two boys who'd lost their
owner.  One was a light brown sable, geriatric, named Bud Light, who needs
meds and vitimin supplements.  The other is a black-eyed Silver...named
Silver.  Foster nothing...we're keeping them.  They are so loving that when
picked up they continue to try and give kisses until you put them down.
(because your face is so wet!)

We're up to 11 and we took their cages (even though we didn' t need them) in
case someone else needs a safe home.

It's been great integrating them into our 7.  Silver did it slowly and now
he's sleeping with the group.  Bud found a nest and just stays there all
day.  No one bothers him either.  Niles has had a tougher time of it but is
making progress.  Our three females give him the most trouble!

We have one, Slinky, our original, who doesn' t mix.  She's the Queen of the
house while the others are restricted to the kitchen.

Well, it's time to bring everyone up to the kitchen.

              Hope Santa's been good to everyone.
                   Moe and the Connecticut 11!