From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 1995 20:34:19 -0400
I just wanted to share with you all that my oldtimer, Red dog (sable male,
vasectomized at two, neutered at 6.5) has reached the ripe old age of 8 years
of age this month!  He has a VERY enlarged spleen (like Oscar, Dr.  Williams),
but unless I can talk Dr.  Wardell into "borrowing" him for a home trip to do
a sonogram, I have no intention of having him operated on and possibly loosing
him to an exploratory.  He eats well, moves slowly and sleeps alot, but his
movements are normal and he enjoys being frisky when played with by people.

What do you think Bruce?  Should I leave him alone or have his spleen
removed?  He looks like he is going to pop, he has good weight, but he does
not appear to be suffering in any way.

Pam and her Pet Pals