From:
Chere Mccoy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1993 10:41:59 -0500
Hi, it's Chere again - have a question for anyone willing to respond.
on December 26th we received in our shelter the most beautiful
Albino male I have ever seen.  His name is Buddy (my dad's nickname)
he is a real lover and gets along with dogs, cats, humans - simply
everyone - he does have one major problem he is extremely overweight
After his initial vet check he has been put on diet food - but
he doesn't seem to be loosing any weight - also he has a problem with
gas but no dieherra, - any suggestions on buddy?
In the area of Dehydration:  I keep on hand at ALL times a substances
known as "Pedialyte",  I keep the fruit flavor as it seems a sic
ferret will accept it.  When I notice vomiting or diarrhea I immediately
give the ferret some of the Pedialyte while simultaneously phoning
our vet.  REMEMBER A FERRET CAN GO DOWN FAST - CALL YOUR VET.  The
second most important human in your ferrets life is HIS/HER VET.