From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 1994 17:19:00 -0500
Hello!  I have a couple of questions-  my year-old male (fixed) seems to have a
full winter coat, though he does live indoors.  We are going up to the snow
this weekend and I was unsure about whether he'll get too cold.  I have heard
that they love snow and are adorable to watch playing in snow, and I would love
to let him play outside!  Should I fashion some sort of ferret-sweater - I can'
not imagine him staying in it, though......

Also- Last night he had a sneeze fit.  I had put his bedding back in
after washing it, and I figured he might have not liked the soap I used.
After I took it out, he was fine.  It was the first time that that has
happened, and I think it scared him!  I know it scared me!  He puffed up
all his fur and sat on my lap looking suprised for a bit.  Today he did
the same thing while looking out the window- I sprayed around the window
to lessen dust, but could he be allergicto something airborne?  Do
ferrets get hay fever and/or allergies from pollen etc in Spring?  The
sneezing seemd to worry him so I cuddled him.  That was all I knew to
do!  Any advice on either/both subjects is appreiciated!
Thanks!