From:
Sonya Grable <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 22:16:57 -0000
Hi All -

My sincere condolences to all who have (ever) lost a little one, especially
recently, and well wishes and good thoughts for those that are ill and
aren't feeling well.

I have a question:

I received a copper waterfall/fountain for Christmas and am wondering
(before the return period expires (which is soon!)) if it could have any
negative effects on the ferrets' health.  It's made with soldered copper
tubing, of which water flows through, then runs down a piece of slate.  The
water collects in a copper base and is then 'recycled'.  None of the copper
is sealed or protected - it will naturally oxidize and patina over time.

I'm concerned (worried) about their exposure to the evaporating (copper)
water.  Could inhaling this "copper water" be harmful?  Could it lead to
respiratory infection/damage or to copper poisoning (Wilson's Disease,
etc.)?

Please help... Given that it's safe, it will be placed out of their reach
(no drinking, etc.).  I refuse to risk their health and well-being, but
also don't want to be stuck with something that could've been
returned/credited to the giver.

I hope everyone had a Wonderful Christmas... and has a happy, healthy,
blessed, and safe New Year!

Thanks.
Sonya