Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:19:39 EST
Thank you all for the messages, cards, support,phone calls, and love.  I
hope that I did not miss anyone, as I kept all the messages and read them
again and again.  It was like a human wake for me.  I spend so much time
caring for animals-so many of my free hours.  But they cannot understand,
or explain their feelings or thoughts.  Thank you.

There are so many deaths in the cold dark days after the holidays: human
and non-human.  My deepest sorrow to all of you that have lost a loved one.
The physical misery and emotional turmoil of grief are experiences I had
forgotten since the day I brought Baby home.  One feels as though he or she
is made out of lead walking in water.  I am so sorry for all of you who
have lost your beloved.

My babes have not looked for their sister.  They all had time to sniff
the body and clean her ears when she was dead.  Having ferrets looking
frantically all over for their buddy would really be a heart ripper.  Might
want to be sure everyone sees and smells the body.  It does not seem to
upset them.

Lisette