From:
Cynthia ritenour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2010 01:45:32 -0400
Not one to fuss too much, but I just got a call from a nephew in NY
that a friend of his just bought two baby girl ferrets, and doesn't
have a clue how to take care of them.....feeding them fruit and veggie
crunch as food etc. I quickly went through a major list of what was
necessary, first of all to get them on real food as high protein as
possible, and stated some good brands. When are these d**** stores
going to decide to not just give anyone a ferret... this isn't a
hamster, a guinea pig or rabbit. they are all clear what to feed etc.
a Ferret is a whole other hill of beans. This girl who bought them is
clueless. I told her to buy ferrets for dummies and get reading. She
should have read it before buying them. I tell anyone with an interest
to read it first, then decide if a ferret is for them. It may be basic,
but it's better than these ding dongs going out cold turkey buying
ferrets when they haven't got a clue!!!!! If it's a first ferret, they
should be required to purchase a care book with the animals. There's so
much info out there this shouldn't happen. I just know it's a real bad
thing.

OK, I'm off my box. calm down, zen out..... I went and hugged my babies
after that phone call. We pray to the wild weasel woman of the skies
that this girl listened and gets those babies on track so they don't
get sick. I'm going to check back in a day or so to be sure.

Cindy & the gang