From:
Nancy Hartman CIS graduate student <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1992 23:54:20 -0400
 Subject:  Ferret List Issue 265

Re:  Ferrets on airplanes -

The following is taken from Ferret Tails (May/June 1992), the official
newsletter of the American Ferret Association (Note:  all notes in "()" are
the author's (John Padgett II), not my own):

American Airlines - Does not accept ferrets at all
Write to:
American Airlines Inc.
Consumer Relations
P.O. Box 619612 MD 2400
DFW Airport, TX  75261-9612
(They did allow ferrets in teh cargo area for our trip
to the show in Reno, NV;  the charge was $50 each way)

Continental Airlines - Does not accept ferrets at all
Write to:
Continental Airlines
Mary Connor - Customer Relations
3663 Sam Houston Pky #500
Houston, TX  77032

Transworld Airlines - Does not accept ferrets at all
Write to:
Trans World Airlines
605 Third Avenue
New York, NY  10158
(They told me the "National Health Department" said it was illegal!)

Delta Airlines
No animals allowed in the cabin.  You may take your ferret as baggage only,
for a fee of $45 per animal each way.  Each ferret requires it's own
kennel.

Northwest Airlines
No ferrets are allowed in the cabin.  They have had problems with them in
the past.  They will not transport any animal as baggage if the outside
temperature at any travel point is less than 10 deg. F or higher than
85 deg. F.  The fee is $45 per animal each way.  If you provide them with
food and water, they will care for your ferret during the flight!

Alaska Airlines
They only allow *one* animal in the cabin at any one time, on a first come-
first served basis.  The fee is $30 per animal each way.

United Airlines
The only restriction they have on animals is for snakes.  The fee is
$50 per animal each way.

US Air
No ferrets are allowed in the cabin, they must be checked as baggage.  Fee
is $45 per animal each way.

Hope that helps.

Everyone start writing!!!

- Nancy

Nancy Hartman                     CIS graduate student
[log in to unmask]                  U. of Delaware
        President and founder, Delaware Valley Ferret Club
                      Owner of Percy & Bree