From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 19:56:07 -0000
Some days ago I received a phone call from a chap called Mervyn who was
something to do with the Millennium Party at Greenwich.

I put him onto Mike Harris who is the NFWS Countryside Alliance
Representative.  It started out with just having a few photos taken -
now things have gone overboard.

Mike has spent the last three days being interviewed along with his
ferrets, Beckenham, Baby Spice, and Posh Spice (Mike assures me that the
ferrets were named 18 months ago) for BBC TV 1 & 2, Sky News, a German TV
station, plus The Times, Scotsman, Daily Express and Daily Star (how the
heck did they get in there?), he's also done Radio 4, and radio interviews
on Capitol and LBC or something like that.

The ferrets are on standby for any emergency cable laying work that might
occur between now and the Millennium Party at Greenwich.

A spin off from the publicity that the ferrets have been receiving over the
past few days is that Bryan Witherstone, of Great Yarmouth Ferret Rescue,
has been asked to spend a couple of days on an oil rig with his ferrets so
that they can carry out cable laying duties.

All good, positive publicity for ferrets...

Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare.
Membership Secretary & Editor of The National Ferret Welfare Society.
Web Site: www.btinternet.com/~sheila/ferrets.htm  last update 14 December
1999
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge: Jill, Deanna Troy, Cameron, Carnath, Button,
Bill, Bobby, Jasper, Inga, Holly & Fergle
The views expressed by me are not necessarily those of the NFWS.