From:
Kez Fizzygig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:42:04 -0500
Greetings to everyone and their lovely fuzzies,

Now that I have cried a whole new river of tears, here goes..  Bear was
taken to a new vet on Tuesday.  He is still there now.  He was having
terrible seizures and the vet gave him valium to calm him down.  His blood
sugar count, if I heard him correctly, was 218 at that time.  They were
to give him more fluids and try a few things to help him out.

Last night the vet called and told me he had put in a cathiter in his femur
to give him meds and such.  He said the seizures had slowed down, but he
still had them now and then.  He took a blood panal and was to send it off
today.  Part of Bear's problem is the little guy himself.  Dr. Hardy told
me that unless Bear fights for himself, all the medication and treatment in
the wrold will not help him.  Bear was taken home by Dr. Hardy to oversee
him through the night and my heart was at least made to feel secure.  A
night without him was horrible, because i could not hug and kiss him and
tell him how much I love him.

I called this morning and again at noon and he is doing a bit better, but
he is still being force fed and given an IV for fluids as well.  The blood
panal will be back sometime today and I will receieve a call when that
comes in.

I wanted to take the time to thank each and everyone of you who have sent
us cards and notes.  I have printed them all out to read to him and post
around his cage.  He is so well loved and even more so by those who have
said prayers and good wishes for him.  I thank God for all of the wonderful
people on this list and for Bill for having started the whole thing!

My angels sleep sweetly upon the pillows all of ill and sickly fuzzy
children.  Our angel is named Linda by the way 0:) and we love her very
much!

Love & Light
Kez and Bear ( I love you Bear!)