From:
Effie Marie Hines <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1993 17:17:54 -0500
Judy

Thank you for the suggestions for Loki.  I have been giving him
pedialyte, and he is starting to even refuse that.  His abdomen is so
swollen I think that it makes his stomach feel full so, everything is a
struggle to get down him.  I tried the sweet potatoes, and he spit it
out.  My other two who are healthy just loved them.  That figures.

I am taking Loki to the vet again tomorrow to check on his stomach and
get his second dose of interferon.  He is weak, and horribly thin,
(except the abdomen) you can feel every bone, even in his head.  But, he
still fights pretty hard when I try to make him eat.  I have to hold him
by the scruff of the neck and shoot whatever into his mouth.  I hate to
do this, but if he gets any thinner, I am afraid his heart will stop.  Am
I doing the right thing???

Thanks

Marie, Oshi, Loki-mon, and the Taz-maniac