From:
Melinda Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 13:26:36 -0500
Hello to all.  I had Stinka out today for over half an hour and she never
once tried to take a nap like she had been.  We have been trying to let her
out to play more and once to twice a week we give her a little duck soup.

I think maybe she was depressed, but I am not sure.  When she was out today
she even made her little ferret noises.  For an old lady she did a pretty
good dance.

I think maybe the signs and symptoms I posted about a few days ago were
maybe just the signs of an aging little girl.  We figure she is around 7
years old.  I will not mention her good health all her life for fear of
jinxing it.

She still doesn't seem interested in her old favorite toys.  I got every one
of them out and laid them out on the floor for her and she didn't really
seem too thrilled with any of them.  I took a new toy out of the package and
she heard the plastic rattle and came running she wanted the little bag it
was packaged in more than the toy, but that's o.k.  I am used to that.  She
still loves her Wal-Mart, Dollar Store, ect.... bags.

She seemed so happy when she was out today it just made my heart melt.  She
is the sweetest little thing I have ever met.

I had to go to the pet store for litter and while I was there I looked at
the toys and found a very small latex very soft porcupine squeek toy.  I
bought it and gave it to Stinka when I got home.  It was so cute she tried
to bite it, but the qwills tickled her nose.  She would pull back and shake
her head and try again she did this several times.  She even tried just
licking it before she got it turned over and could bite it's feet and grab
it by the feet and shake it to death.  It so good to see her play.  I hope
this spunky energy stays with her for a very long time.

Melinda
Stinka
Spaz
Scat (the cat, please keep these annoying fur balls away from me)