From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 10:06:00 -0400
Ferret Tarot:
>I love your ideas for the ferret tarot deck.  Where can I order one?

I've been known to do crazier things. %^]  If I ever put together a deck
like this, I'll definately let you know!

Rainbow Bridge:
>[Moderator's note: The FML archives contain rather different explanations
>about the origin of the "rainbow."  BIG]

Bill is most correct.  The Rainbow Bridge has been discussed a whole lot of
times in the FML and the archives would surely be of great use in seeing a
variety of opinions on it.

Mythology has been a bit of a life-long hobby for me.  And it definately
shows since I can't see someone refer to the "Rainbow Bridge" without
thinking of the Bifrost, the Rainbow Bridge from Norse Mythology.  This
rainbow bridge connected earth (Midgard) with the home of the gods
(Asgard).  Its guardian was a god named Heimdal who was supposed to never
sleep and had supernatural sight and hearing.  Even so, I think he would
have a hard time keeping one of those ferrets passing by from stealing and
hiding Gjallar (his horn).

A foul wind breaks:
>1) Do ferrets pass gas?I know it's stupit but somebody does it at home my
>   son thinks it's me & I think it's my son but he puts the blame on the
>   furry kids ,so ,do ferrets pas gas?

There's a children's book, _The Gas We Pass: The Story of Farts_ by Shinta
Cho, that gives information on the farting process in a most amusing
manner.  Check it out!  (Don't miss its companion book, _Everyone Poops_
by Taro Gomi.) These are great for those people too squeemish to explain
these things to their youngster!

Ferrets and Babies:
>DON'T GIVE UP YOUR FERRETS BECAUSE OF A BABY!!!

It's kind of funny.  People who know we have ferrets make their number
one question to ask us, "What do the ferrets think of the baby?"  They
ask expecting there to be some huge problem.  I try to shatter their
preconceived notions.  Just the other day, our oldest Squirt got within
Robin's reach.  As every good 5 month old does, he grabbed whatever touched
his hand.  Squirt gave me this very pathetic "Help me!" look and that was
the extent of what he did.  Some other animals might not be as forgiving to
being grabbed so.

-kim, squirt (yeow! there's a grab-monster in the house!), pippi (who greats
 the baby with regular snuffles), atlas (working on his jealousy issues),
 jinx (what is that stinky thing?), and rosie (can I play with it?!)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.