From:
Chris Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 03:52:43 -0400
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would share something that I got a big laugh out of tonight.

I live alone with my little trouble maker, Ashley.  She is a 9 month old MF
ferret.  Just a quick statement.  I find all the info about MF very
upsetting, but I must thank them for my little baby.  When my loving cat
passed away I looked around for over a month before I bought her.  After
visiting every pet store in the centeral Fl area, she had the best
personality and has never bit me.  Yes she nibbles in play, but has never
even left a mark on me.

Well enough of that and back to the story.  Since I live alone, I end up
eating fast food a bit to much.  Ashley loves that since she loves the
beverage cups!!  She loves to jump up on the coffee table, steal the straw
out of them, then after a short time she comes back for the cup.  She will
pop the top off of them and then knock them over and spill out all of the
water.  Once she is sure that all of the liquid is all over the table or
floor, she will grab ahold of it at the lip with the cup covering her face.
She will then run forward trying to get to one of her hideing places.  Of
course with the cup over her face, she runs into and bounces into everything
in her way until she finally makes it to where she wants it.  Of course
everyday she will move all of her cups for one place to another and back in
forth until she tires out.

Well the past weekend was cleaning time and all of the cups went in the
trash.  This really upset Ashley and she kept stealing them out of the trash
bag until I finally got it out of the house.

Well tonight I had an ice cream craving.  I went to the freeze and pulled
out my trusty round Edys half gallon and a spoon.  With them in my hands I
settled down on the couch, the one Ashley lets me use when she is not
sleeping inside of it, and started to enjoy the ice cream.  Well since I
through out all of her beverage cups, Ashley jumped up on the couch and
stuck her nose into the ice cream container.  After she sniffed the ice
cream and took a little tastey, she decided that it was not something that
she cared for since she does not like human food.  But wow look at the size
of that round container!!!  She then planted her feet firmly into the couch
and bit into the container lip directly accrossed from me.  She then started
the tug-of-war!!!  For a cute little 1 1/2 pounder, she is strong and
believes she is stronger then me and will win!  Well after deforming the
container and not getting anywhere, she let go and ran around it to where I
was holding on to it.  She then put her front feet on my hand and tried to
push it off.  when that did not work, she ran back around to the other side
and tried the tug-of-war again.  She tried both methods back in forth for
about 15mins and then just sat accrossed from me, gave me the dirty look,
put her nose in the air, and took off back under her couch!  Well that was
over 4 hours ago and she is still pouting under there.

I guess I better eat fast food tomorrow so I can get her another beverage
cup.  Hopefully she will accept it as a peace offer.

Thank you for allowing me to share this with you all.  I would also like to
thank everyone that shares all of the funny, bad and sad stories.  I think
it is great that we can all laugh together, discuse problems together, and
shed a tear together over our loving little trouble makers.

God bless all of you,
Chris
&
Ashley (Daddy hurry up and get off unemployment so you can get to the
ferret shelter and get me a new play toy.  All of the hiding places in
the house and everything in the house belongs to me though!)