From:
Penny Lepage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 17:28:36 -0400
Well, we have made it to SD and the wind is still blowing.  It just must be
a windy Spring as it has blown from NH to SD.

First off I would like to let you all know that TICKS are really bad this
year and warnings out all over the country.  While we were in IA my
brother-in-law told us that they take sulfur tablets and also give them to
the dogs.  The neighbors say their dogs are covered with ticks and nothing
seems to help.  My brother-in-law's dogs they only find one once in awhile.

Ask your vet about sulfur for your ferrets if you are taking them out in
the woods or around trees and how much to give them.  Also, good idea for
yourself.

Missitoo has been really bad the last couple of days.  We have to watch her
all the time when she is out of her cage as she sneaks around the other
cages and if someone is to close she grabs them through the cage and just
hanks and hollers.  The poor little six pound Freddie was her victim this
morning.  He was sound asleep and was to close to the edge of the cage.
He never knew what hit him.  It doesn't do any good to punish Missitoo she
doesn't care.

Taz is showing himself lately too.  He has decided that when he and
Snowball, Freddie, and Dipper are out, he isn't going to share in the treat
bowl.  He is most ruff with Snowball.  I have to pick him up and either
hold him or play with him by himself till Snowy gets a few treats.  That
seems the only time he is aggressive.

We are leaving Rapid city Tues and headed further West toward Wa.  It
should only take a couple of days usually but will take us at least a
week!!!  Slow travelers!!

The people here have loved learning about ferrets and know nothing about
the black footed ferret.

The lady in the office thinks she usually has stuffed ferrets to go along
with the praire dogs but is out of them.

Time for fresh air, the ferrets all love being outside in the air.

Prayers to everyone who has lost a dear fuzzy.

Penny and the traveling ones