From:
Jennifer Lutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 1995 22:12:01 -0400
I'm so happy, I finally have two adorable ferrets! (Thank you Rose and Amy
of LOS, PA!)

I renamed them (I don't think they mind- they didn't answer to their old
names anyway) to Casper (albino male) and Nova (sable female.) Nova is a
wiry little weasel and has to look at everything. Casper plays peek-aboo
from the other side of the refrigerator. They seem pretty independent.

Even in my -tiny- apartment they are running me ragged! Having the belled
collars on them is -essential-, and I still have to go check on them every
5-10 minutes because I don't recognize all their little ferret-noises yet.
It took me three hours to read three FMLs!

They haven't quite figured out where the new litterboxes are. Garbage,
however, they can find from miles away, and it must be investigated!
Generally they are super-well-behaved. I bathed them on their first evening
here (yeah, I know, it wasn't a really good idea, but they had peed and
pooped in their carrier, and got themselves mussed.) They didn't like it
much, but they tolerated it very well, and didn't even try to nip me once!
They are just cutecutecute. Right now they are (finally) sleeping together
in a towel.

I never had pets before and never really understood how neat it was.
Sometimes I even thought people's enthusiasm for their pets was a little,
well, kooky. But now I get it! I love them already. They are really sweet
and I don't understand how anybody could have given them to a shelter, but
I'm so glad that Amy and Rose took care of them and let me adopt them. Yay!

Jen Lutton   (new mom)
Casper the Friendly Ferret
SuperNova