From:
Danny Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 1995 02:08:03 UT
Dr. Williams,
I really didn't think I was exagerating when I said Busters spleen will wax
and wane over a day.  Now it could have been texture and position more than
size, and things are really exaggerated with my skinny little boy,
furthermore I don't really have any idea what I'm feeling around for, but I
habitually check my kids spleens when ever I pick them up.  It seems like
every time I notice something, I end up taking them to the vet a day or two
later because they really went downhill.  But they always seem to blow up
very quickly, and my subside just as quickly (but they have always been on
medication when I've noticed this).  Is this really that unusual?

And the real question: Buster has been doing very good last few days, and
his stools have *finally* starting looking more normal--that is not tarry
(knock on wood).  Could there be any connection with that mysterious bump
and the severe intestinal problems he had?  Is it likely?  Since Buster is
doing so much better, I just filed it away and am basically ignoring it.
(I don't put any stock into anything else the doc said and he couldn't
answer any of my questions with answers I've heard before here <g>)

Travel Tip #1326

FLAT TIRES
I had a flat this weekend, right in about 105 degree heat and definately on
the wrong side of town with a truckful of fuzzy.  It was a major whistler
too.  I really didn't want to spend the time changing the tire or
overheating my truck.  Simply take a flathead screw and screw it into the
hole, then air up the tire with that little air compressor I know everybody
carries.  Took me less than two minutes.  I had a screw in my dune buggy
tire for about three years without leaking.

Danny