From:
Urban Fredriksson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:10:28 +0200
outlawdook <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I'm going to assume, like the rest of fert owned humans, 60%-80% litter
>pan hit is about as accurate as you can get

Wrong.

>In order to have a 99%-100% hit, the litter box is either attached to it's
>ass, it wears a diaper or a paper towel is close behind waiting to catch
>the miss.

Wrong again.

I wouldn't even be satisfied with a 99% litter trainedness.  For five
ferrets, five times a day or so, that would mean one would have to clean up
ouside the boxes more than once per week -- and I can tell you I certainly
didn't have to, first time around I had five!  Once or twice per month was
the usual, but at times there were more than four weeks between misses.

When Rustan and Carmen, at eight-nine weeks of age, came to me, Alison and
Natasja, it took one whole week before *any* of the four missed the litter
boxes, three boxes in a two room apartment (of course no cage).  R+C were
trained exclusively by their mother.

No, it's not that way now, I think mostly because they don't get along very
well, so I've actually got newspapers in three corners as well, at least
one which has to be replaced twice a day.

We'll see if things will get better after Constellation arrives in August.
(Photo of her, and siblings, at age three weeks:
<http://welcome.to/ferretsarefineart/>. Text in Swedish.)
--
 Urban Fredriksson   [log in to unmask]
 http://www.canit.se/%7Egriffon/ferrets/