From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 2010 04:32:54 -0800
After three rounds of sneezing and runny eyes in the cats and ferrets
last year (after taking in a very sick ferret from animal control),
we thought the ordeal was over.

I took my cat and ferrets to the vet and the vet insisted it was a
different illness the cats were getting than the ferrets, even though
they were coming down with it at the exact same time. First the cat
one day, then the next day, all the fuzzies.

The ferret who gave it to the ferrets when he came, gave it to the cats
IMO. I know this is not supposed to be possible. They're not getting a
different cold over and over - someone is a carrier, likely the cats
now, but everyone gets it. It goes away in the fuzzies after a week to
two weeks, but the cats have it for three.

I know I asked before, but is there any shelter or owner out there that
has/had this happening to them? I will try to get a few tests done on
the cats to see if it's bord/calcivirus/herpes virus now that they are
sick again.